- The truth about eating disorders in older women
- Would counselling help me?
- Is depression and anxiety in new fathers forgotten?
- Facing up to anxiety tougher for younger adults.
- Face-time helps ward off depression
- Depression: breaking through the rock with counselling in East Sussex
- What is counselling in East Sussex really like?
- Can mindfulness therapy beat pills for depression?
- Can too much Facebook make you depressed?
- Do bad relationships break hearts in East Sussex? Counselling can help.
Counselling in Eastbourne
Sometimes we all need a little bit of help. Counselling can provide a lot of help, but the trouble is that many people don’t quite understand how counselling can help.
The primary role that a counsellor will fulfill is one of a listener. By providing a detached, unbiased person to talk to, counsellors help you identify the problem areas in your life, and can take you a long way towards working out, on your own term, what you should do next.
Different counsellors adopt different techniques, ranging from counsellors who will offer feedback and suggestions as to how you can resolve you problems, to counsellors who prefer to let you talk out the issues yourself and reach your own conclusions.
It’s a flexible format, and the rules about what you can discuss are never set in stone. Feel free to talk about difficulties in your relationship, family or career, addiction, or even less well defined issues such as a lack of confidence or feelings of isolation and depression.
The way you talk about these subjects is your decision. What the counsellor provides is space to listen to yourself talk about these topics without fear of being criticised or judged. It’s a safe space for discussion any problems you have at the moment.
East Sussex Counsellors has a number of Eastbourne counsellors who will be able to help you. Why not give them a try?
Counselling in Northiam
Counselling in Burwash
Counselling in Hailsham
Counselling in Heathfield